Botanical Name: Solanum lycopersicum, Lactuca sativa, Cucumis sativus
Grow your own vegetables with this trio of vegetables garden starter kit!
This kit includes 3 peat pots, Lettuce, Cucumber and Tomato seeds and soil pellets, everything you need to get started with growing your own vegetables at home. Grow and reap what you sow with this all-in-one grow kit! Perfect gift idea.
Contains these 3 varieties:
Lettuce All Year - Lactuca sativa
Cucumber Beit Alpha - Cucumis sativus
Tomato Salad Urbana - Solanum lycopersicum
|How To Grow
Growing Instructions (included with kit)
- Rehydrate the soil pellets in twice their volume of water and transler to the pots supplied.
- Sow seeds and cover with 5mm of the soil.
- Place in a warm and light position.
- Keep soil damp but do not over water.
- Once seedlings appear, thin out by removing smallest plants, leaving the strongest 2-3 more room to grow.
- When seedlings are mature with 5 or more leaves, transplant them pot-and-all into their growing position in the garden.
- Feed the plants with a quality fertiliser specific for vegetables.
Lettuce: Harvest by picking individual leaves as required.
Cucumber: The cucumbers will need approx 1m² space to grow. Harvest when the cucumbers are bright green and firm.
Tomatoes: Support the tomato plants with canes or trellis. Harvest when the fruit is red and ripe.
- The soil should not need watering again until seeds have germinated. However if water is required, use a water spray bottle to moisten the soil. You can tell if the soil is drying out if the colour turns from dark brown to light brown.
- The soil should be kept moist, but not too wet. If you are unsure about the correct moisture level, press the soil gently. If the soil feels moist but no water appears, the level is correct. If water appears on the surface, gently tip the pot to its side, and let any excess water run out.