Botanical Name: Ocimum basilicum
Never forget what you have planted by labelling your growing container with the variety of seeds sown. Simply write the variety on the chalkboard with the chalk included. These compact and stylish tins fit perfectly on any windowsill within the home or office.
This kit includes a metal pot with chalkboard panel, seeds, soil pellets, chalk and detailed growing instructions. Grow and reap what you sow with these clever and stylish all-in-one chalkboard tins!
Tin dimensions: W:110mm x H:100mm
Makes a perfect growing gift for friends, family or, customers or colleagues.
Basil is a versatile, easy to grow and aromatic herb that is a key ingredient in Mediterranean cooking. Particularly delicious with tomatoes and garlic. Grows into a compact bush which is perfect for the tin size.
|How To Grow
Growing Instructions (included with kit)
1) Remove all contents from the tin and add one cup of warm water to the soil pellets in a separate bowl. Allow the soil pellets to soak in the water and expand. Continue to add water until the pellets are completely expanded & the soil appears fluffy.
2) Once the soil has cooled down transfer most of it back into the tin, filling the tin to approximately 1.5cm from the brim. Leave a couple spoonfuls of soil for later use.
3) Fluff the soil in the tin with a fork, then sprinkle your seeds evenly across the soil surface. Cover the seeds with a very fine layer (5mm) of your leftover soil.
4) Place the tin in a light position but avoid direct sunlight until the seeds have germinated.
5) Once seedlings appear, apply a half strength fertiliser every two weeks.
6) Thin out by removing smallest plants, leaving the strongest 2-3 plants more room to grow in the tin. The thinnings can be transplanted into the garden or other pots.
7) You can grow your plants in the supplied tin until maturity, or transplant them into the garden when strong enough.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.